Can you imagine how you would feel if you meet a person, only to be disappointed that their profile does not match the actual person. It is a total waste of time. With this in mind, make sure you do your part by making your profile reflect the actual type of person you really are. Don’t be someone you’re not and try not to describe someone who you think somebody will like – it doesn’t work. Here are some points to consider before submitting your profile:
- Don’t let your parents, your friends or anyone other than you write your profile. You need to describe yourself – besides who knows you better than yourself.
- However, after you have written the profile, we recommend you do show it to someone that knows you well and who’s opinions you trust – peoples first attempts tend to be quite homogenous and withdrawn.
- Plan your profile carefully. Remember, this is the first impression someone will have of you and will decide what actions to take based on your profile. Think long term. Your preferences today may not be the preferences in ten years’ time. Make sure your criteria can stand the test of time.
- Your profile picture is extremely important. A picture says a thousand words. You are 9 times more likely to be approached if you have a profile photo and it’s the single most view part of any profile - so make it count.
- Be precise, honest and positive. Write from the heart and say what you think is important about you that reflects you as close as possible. The more personality you show the more that distinguishes you and makes you interesting.
- Write about your hobbies, things you like doing and your aspirations. Fill in all the details you are asked for and try and not leave too many thing blank answers or ‘Prefer not to says’
- Be specific and don’t waffle. You don’t need to include everything on your profile, you can save that for when you talk. You need to strike a balance.
- Spell check your written words – show you have taken care.
- View your profile often. It’s a live version of yourself, don’t be afraid to make changes and tweaks - it reflects reality.
There are hundreds of ‘dating’ and ‘marriage’ websites out there for Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Some popular Muslim dating websites claim to have millions of registered users, but really, how many of these are people genuinely looking for a life partner – for marriage? Muslims represent less than 5 in 100 people in the UK so it's far from easy to find the right partner, particularly with our often restrictive criteria. The biggest problem is that we don’t know if the person behind the screen is genuine, can trust their details or that they are already married!
Traditional methods of finding a partner are much more successful and more personal, but the audience and reach is very limited. Sahih Salaam allows the traditional matchmakers a portal to connect their clients to people all across the UK, so that they can access a greater database of quality matches whilst still maintaining the traditional means of bringing people together. MCs have an incredible wealth of experience and a passion to match make. By using Sahih Salaam, you can harness the power of tradition and technology to find you authentic partners – bringing matrimony into the 21st century.